Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's quiet... So I'm contemplative.

The things I crave are changing. 
Before, sitting on a  tin covered porch during the rain would have been my desire.  Now... Well, now a good book in the cockpit after dark is home.  It is comfort. It is what drives me. 

As I have gotten older,  the simple life has come more naturally to me.
 Once I shed the bonds of expectation (or realized that I could)~ the truth of who I am came out. 

I live for sunsets. 

I love good red wine. 

I don't see the necessity of struggle just for the sake of 'measuring up'. 

I want more than that. But less. 

I want time with my little family in beautiful places with excellent food.  And I want it while the water laps against the hulls. 

I don't want the constraints of 'stuff'. Rather,  I yearn for experience and culture and a different view. 


Some of these desires translate easily to shore. But there is just something different about living them afloat. The elements effect you more acutely. You are more vulnerable, but also more alive and aware. 
Everything is intensified~ the joys and the sorrows,  the mellow and the drama. I, after only a few months, will take the extreme highs and lows of emotion this life lends over a "comfortable" existence on land. 

I wouldn't mind (a little) bigger boat though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...