Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Galley Queen

I have taken over the galley. It is my space and domain. Which is ironic because Hubs is the chef. But, I have taken ownership of it and I am pretty stoked about it.

The common term 'galley slave' just doesn't do it for me... or my Coco. It wasn't nice enough she said. So, she coined 'Galley Queen'. Which I kind of like, as it is my realm.

Located in the center of the starboard side hull; it's a pretty small space, which is perfect for me... as I am pretty small.
I have (almost) mastered the tiny stove top and am currently learning my way around the oven... which is nothing like the plugged in version at home. Tomorrow I attempt scones. Fingers crossed.
The forecast is supposed to be cold and rainy again... so what better opportunity to heat up the cabin with my experiments.

I read a ton about provisioning before we moved aboard~ and almost all of emphasized that even though prepping and cooking will have to be tweaked, tastes don't change.
Therefore, Coco is still going to be a cheese and cracker kind of girl, and Hubs and I still will want the decadence we have become so accustomed to ;). And I, of course, will want red wine. I am also pretty confident that there will be a lot of coffee in our future as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...