Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sunday

From 2007 through 2009, our little family was very busy working on "Our Plan".  We referenced our many lists every month to see how far up the mountain we had climbed.  It was not fun.  The work part.  The work part sucked.  But, the life and love~ those were the best.

When we have had our adventures and are looking back I am sure we will reflect upon the early years of our boat life as hard.  But I also think that it has only made us so much stronger as a family.  Of course we had normal, everyday family issues.  They just seemed compounded because we never had time as a family.

Except for Sundays.  Sundays were our day.  Every week.  We made it happen.  We would foster the joy and the beauty that was our little family. We learned and we grew.  Not in numbers, but in trust and love.  I lived for Sundays.  I could get through anything knowing Sunday was just around the corner.  Those days we were so present and 'there' that we became closer.  We really valued our time... and we definitely weren't afraid to let anyone know.

It was common knowledge among our friends and family to leave us alone on Sunday.  We needed that time to be only us. 

The work part really did stink.  But, I don't think that is what I'll remember.  That is not what I took so many pictures of...

I'm going to remember taking Coco (by myself) on a walk to the beach EVERY DAY.  The hubs was on dinner and bath duty  (by himself) EVERY NIGHT.  And on Sundays we were all together.  I wouldn't trade our beach trips for anything, and Coco having that one-on-one with her Daddy is priceless.
So, I think, that we were lucky.


We probably should have named her Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...