Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ok... But on one condition.

At some point we had to talk details.  The Hubs and I had already committed to pursuing a cruising life.  We had started taking the steps to get there.  But... we hadn't really talked specifics.  Boat specs that is.

I have always loved being on the water.  In our early years (pre- Coco) we had a 19 foot fishing boat.  Too many times you could find us too far offshore fishing our favorite honey hole.  That boat, which had a really cheesy cliche name, was really his purchase.  I just was along for the ride.  It WAS the early years after all.  We still had separate bank accounts and lives, we just shared our time.

This was different.  This was going to be a purchase we made together.  A life beyond the one we were already living.  A BIG HUGE jump into the unknown. 

I had one condition... I wanted a cat.  I needed a cat.  I would be more comfortable on a cat.
My love had many very valid points for why that wasn't really an option.  Catamarans are WAY, WAY more expensive.  They don't right themselves.  They are WAY, WAY more expensive.  And I'm sure there were many more... but all I could hear was that we would never be able to afford one.

My response, "You'll figure it out." 

The truth is, this whole big fabulous dream really was his.  I completely bought in.  I loved the idea.  I am pretty smart, so I know it's not all sunsets and happy hour.  I get that.  Anything that is worth it is going to be hard.  But, after so many late night talks, and daydreaming... I really wanted it too.  I just had the one condition. 

And I know my Hubs.  He has serious tunnel vision.  His ability to focus on a goal is ridiculously amazing.  He hones in on it and nothing stands in his way.  He always makes it happen.  I knew he would figure it out. 

He did try to talk me down from it on several (thousand) occasions.  I stood firm.  It really was important to me, or I wouldn't have made it my one condition. He knew that.

He made it happen. Just like I knew he would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...