Saturday, March 2, 2013

Today was a good day...

Hubs and his nephew getting stuff ready. 


 She was so very excited.  I think she is more ready for a big adventure than we are.... but right now they are all big to her.  If only she really knew what was in store. 
Good-bye marina....







                                Hello wide open(ish) spaces!






We looked at Coco's photos when we got home (I really need to load some) and the view from her lens was priceless. She wanted to take everything in... and did.
 Yep, that's hubs and yes, the steering wheel is behind him.  We did not design it that way.  The guy who owned the boat before us came up with that brilliant idea.  And we had so many of his brilliant ideas to fix~ this one hasn't been addressed yet.  It is going to be really fun when it's my turn at the helm, as I can't even see over the electronics box.  It will be pretty funny to watch though....




Me and the nephew.  We were really glad he was there with the extra hands (and eyes).  I am a complete novice, and a blind one at that.   Not to mention I was jacked up on nervous energy.  I know it wasn't that far.  And I know that people motor under a bridge everyday... but I/we never had.  Plus, there was the excitement of actually moving on the water.  I can't tell you how much I prefer to not be tied up.   I really didn't realize how much until we were.







The following pictures are pretty self-explanatory.   Some very kind (boat friends) took the photos from the bridge.  







We had to circle around for 30 minutes to wait on the next bridge opening... good practice for the captain who hadn't had much chance to actually captain the boat.









 And, although he doesn't look it... my Hubs is really stoked.  Today was a good day.  It is a day that we will remember as one of many firsts.  I have said it before, but it bears repeating... I wouldn't want to be on this adventure with any one else. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...