Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Work Day

Tomorrow Coco is going with her grandmother for part of the day.  She is going to have a great time playing at Splash Park for her friend’s birthday.  I, however, am not going to be having a great time.

I suggested to the Hubs, “Hey, wouldn’t that be a great chance for a us to work on the boat together!”  Why, oh, why.  YES, it is a good chance for me to get my hands dirty and get in there and participate.  Truly, I want to.  I am going to.  I am 100% in.  Even though there are about 500 other things I would rather be doing. But, alas, I will be sweating my ass, and arms, and legs, and ears, and everything else off tomorrow.  But, so will he.  And he has been.
He spends every free second he has, and can, doing something to work on the boat.  This week he cut new hatches then fiber-glassed, sanded, and painted them.  Today he was sanding them again.  It is not pretty work.  It is just straight-up work.  And he is doing it.  ALL of it.

So, tomorrow, if you need me I will be pitching in and getting dirty too.

Side note on the sanding…
Fiberglass is nasty stuff to work with.  It is toxic (which kills my green sensitivities, though I get why), and it is super itchy.  Ridiculously tiny pieces of yes ~ Glass. So, when you sand it, it goes EVERYWHERE.
The Hubs has a suit he wears when he does have to sand it.  And when he wears it, well, he kind of looks like the Michelin Man.  I’m just sayin.                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...