Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sailor Style Thrift


I love to go to thrift stores.  I prefer them to “real” stores.  In fact, both mine and Coco’s wardrobes are made up entirely from thrift store finds.  There are many, many reasons for my love of all things thrift… but that is for another post (and blog) entirely.

The reason for my rant though is this… Sailor’s Exchange.  It is part consignment, part thrift, part junk, part ‘oh my gosh can you believe I scored this for ~ insert $$$ amount here’.  It is pretty cool.   But I can not even walk in the  place without having a slight anxiety attack.  Which should be weird.  Because in theory it is my kind of place. But there is just SO MUCH STUFF. I can not even begin to tell you how much.   It reminds of a, slightly more organized, episode of Hoarders.  And it is all boat stuff.  Big and little.  Not so clean, and brand new.  Things I can recognize, and things that look like they don’t really have any purpose except to just be strange and ugly.

The Hubs on the other hand could be lost in there for days on end and be perfectly happy.  And I get that.
Plus~ it is really cool.  You can find some amazing things there.  Well, my man has.  And he has unloaded some things that we didn’t need or want.  The dingy we had was too small for us.  So they took it.  Yay!  Of course they didn’t give us full value, and we COULD have put it on eBay or craig’s list and gotten more for it.  We definitely could have taken a photo copy with specs to one of the many marinas in town.  But honestly Sailor’s Exchange was WAY easier. And we have enough to deal with as it is with out driving and dropping at marinas or answering questions.  Win -win. They gave us store credit and we were able to get some adapter thing we needed.

A few other things were exchanged… again I will get the specifics, and I am sure there will many more.
Have I mentioned that our boat is a fixer upper.  There is lots to fix and upgrade.
I do believe that by the end of all of this I will be able to walk into the Exchange and not feel so… lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...