Monday, April 13, 2015

The Redwoods

When I asked Hubs to describe the drive he responded with "Wet and sporty".  Which took me immediately to a conversation we had with our friends from Shambala.  "Wet and Sporty" really means, "I know today sucked, but look at what we are doing!" There are so many things that translate so easily from boat to RV.  You would be amazed!

The sporty drive took us through the Avenue of the Giants.  Again super challenging for Hubs to fully appreciate as he was driving, though the idea of me behind the wheel would have proved a lot more frustrating I'm sure.

We camped amongst the Redwoods, tasted sorrels from the forest floor, took a ranger guided tour (where we learned about burls and burl poaching) and Coco earned another* Junior Ranger badge.  She also wrote a poem :)

Redwoods
 Tall and majestic.
Growing to the sky 
and big over the years.
Falling,
burning
and living.
Inspiring us and awe-inspiring us.  
Magnificent trees.

 


*She has too many to count.  She has worked her way across the country earning badges.  So proud.  I love homeschooling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...