Saturday, March 21, 2015

New Mexico

I had written an entire post about our stay in New Mexico. Unfortunately, it got lost in cyberspace when I went to publish it. 
Following is an abbreviated version:

Rock Hound State Park was our home for 2 solid weeks. That's the longest we have stayed put on this adventure. The reason for it was really simple... It was snowing everywhere else. 
The town of Demming, NM is situated in the corner southwestern pocket of the state and was the warmest place we could find at the time. 
So, we hiked and biked.  We played games and did a bit of extra school. We collected our own rock samples (one of the only parks in the country that encourages taking a keepsake). We also went a little stir crazy. But, we made the most of it. 
And oh my goodness, the sunsets!  Not only are they magnificent, they are also never ending. You have to commit to watching them to fruition. 
I've seen my fare share of spectacular sunsets, most while living aboard S/V Airabess.  I have to say though that the ones over the mountains and desert are my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...