Friday, August 15, 2014

A Little Get Away

Even though we know we are waiting out hurricane season here in the Keys, we still want a little adventure. So, we left Boot Key Harbor and went on a little backcountry (Gulf side) trip. 

It was so nice to get away. I know, I know~ we are away. But I mean away FROM EVERYTHING; the heat (there was actually a breeze), other boats (we were totally solo), technology (turned off the phone, no Internet), etc... 

We were graced with glorious sunsets and the most perfect full moon. We fished and snorkeled, SUP'd and swam.  Books were read. Cards were played and excellent food was eaten. We took our time and sailed back in.

The only downer of the whole trip was a case of sun posoining. It was in fact highly unpleasant. Thankfully it was me, not the kiddo. Hubs was able to keep her in the water, exactly where she wants to be. Our second day in I opted for shade and a nap followed by some quality reading time. Just now recovering from it, though heat exhaustion is still on the radar. I did mention its been a tad warm here, right? 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...