Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Growing Gills

We have been gifted with an almost perfect weather window. Sunny, clear skies, and ideal temperatures (mid 70's- mid 80's). The nights have been calm with just the right amount of a breeze to be comfortable and keep the bugs away.  

The crew aboard Airabess has taken full advantage~ on land and by sea. 

The Marathon Community Park is within walking distance to the marina. So, on the windy days we dingy over. Coco and Hubs play basketball or run around the playground while I roll out my mat. Other times we will take Willow so she can run around. 

But because the water has been so calm we have been snorkeling and swimming our butts off. 
The other day we drove to Baha Honda State Park. I'm not as comfortable under the water as I am on it.  But, Bahia Honda was a great way to ease my way into our marathon of snorkeling. 

The next day we sailed to Sombrero Lighthouse Reef. Coco was in absolute heaven.  I wish (and will soon) had an underwater camera. Although pictures never do things like that justice...

Yesterday we took the dingy off shore to West Sister Rock and swam around there. The clarity and visibility wasn't as good as the previous 2 days... So, after I looked around under the surface for a bit I hopped back on the dingy and just watched my peeps. They are pretty cute those two. 
After rinsing off back on Airabess, Coco and Hubs wanted more water time~ so back on the dingy they  went. This time to fish their favorite spot. And yes, for those who are wondering.... They caught dinner, 2 nice size mangrove snapper (for myself and Hubs, Coco will catch, but she won't eat it).  Apparently they caught a ton more, but threw them back. 

Today is Tuesday. So that means homeschool PE at the city park. Have I mentioned how much I love this place?!  It is perfection for families like us who are easing in to this whole live aboard/cruising thing. 

More fishing for father and daughter once we get back to the boat. For me... I'm planning on rolling my mat out on the bow. 

Fingers crossed we have fish again for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...