Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Dream

There has been progress.  Lots of progress.  Things are looking different.  We have had a few, “This is as bad as it is going to look”, and ‘it gets worse before it’s better’.  But, truly, there is positive change.

The windows are in.  Most of them.  That was huge, because there was water flowing into the boat… and that, obviously is not good.  Floors are going down, cabinetry up.  All good stuff. Although, Hubs came home the other day and offered me good news and bad news… Bad news~ ripped out the galley, good news~ I get to pick out the new counter top.

Finally, I think we have found a rhythm to the work-on-the-future versus live-in-the-now conundrum.  We have evaluated our parts in the big picture of this scheme we have plotted.  I think (with hope mixed in there) that we are each comfortable with our place in the project.
Having a schedule has helped.  It’s funny because we really do have every day scheduled for the month.  It makes it a lot easier though, less frustrating.  A whole lot of communication upfront to avoid disappointment later.

I am still waiting to put my mark on the journey. Hubs is still waiting for me to put my mark on it as well. I know it will happen.  I know it’s not yet.  I mean, I’m here.  I’m committed to it.  I’m all in…. with a great big smile on my face.  It’s just not really part of me yet.    I need to get comfortable with it. Not the possibility of it. I need the everyday life part. I am still very rooted in the now, because I have to be.  I think that is the part I need to play now for our family, to make it work. To make the right now part of our life work.  We have a 5-year-old, a house, and the rooted on land life… for right now.
The dream is very much alive in me though.  Now, if I could convince my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...