Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Read

I had a really hard time becoming engaged in the project of our boat. For starters, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even know the what questions to ask.

I also had no point of reference. It was the first time in my life that I was totally clueless. THAT made me uncomfortable. I don't like not knowing what's going on. I am one of those people who bury themselves into comfort; particularly the comfort of the familiar.

I had no idea how to push past that barrier. Yes, I was totally stoked on the future. I wasn't scared or unsure. I was confident with the direction we were headed in. I just didn't know my place. My contribution was eluding me.

Then the Hubs reminded me of what I was good at, what I excel at.
Books, research~ he encouraged me to approach our project the way I approach most things... Open a book. Read about it. Do the research.

And that's where I had been going about it the wrong way. I was trying to learn my place using the wrong skill set, one that I didn't even possess.

I'm not tactile. I'm a reader. That's how I learn. Thats how I relate. That's how I experience life- through books.

Finally! I had a starting point. It was time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...